SBI OTP not received through SMS? If you have used the SB Secure OTP app (or State Bank Secure OTP app), then you might have come across the problem of not receiving the OTP on your mobile phone while doing Internet banking transactions. Wondering how to solve this issue? Let’s find why this problem arose and how to fix it so that we receive the OTP as earlier.
SBI OTP Not Received – The Cause:
You aren’t receiving the State Bank Internet Banking password because of misconfiguration of your State Bank Secure OTP app. Well, I’m talking about a particular case here, there may be other reasons for not receiving OTP. If you think, this may be the cause in your case, then let’s see how this OTP problem arose.
The SB Secure OTP app was made available to the Internet Banking customers, so that can generate OTP (One Time Password) on their own in a secure and comfortable way. This application made them not depend on SMS for One Time Password which sometimes was time-consuming. When you first login into this app through your Internet Banking credentials, your Internet Banking settings are automatically changed to receive OTP through SB Secure OTP app instead of getting the same through SMS. From then on, if you want to do any transaction through Internet Banking, you have to generate it through the app only.
Till here it’s fine. But, when you delete the app from your phone or clear the data of the app, the problem arises -not receiving OTP for SBI Internet Banking. As you signed in into the app, you had to generate OTP inside the app and not by SMS. Now, no app, so no OTP and no Internet Banking transactions. You are fully struck.
SBI OTP Not Received – The Solution:
There are two solutions to this OTP problem.
Solution 1: Again install the SB Secure OTP app and login. 🙂
Solution 2: Change Internet Banking settings to receive OTP through SMS.
How to do this?
- Login to SBI Internet Banking.
- Go to Profile tab.
- Under that find High Security Options.
- Then you will be asked for the Profile Password. Type it and submit.
- Now you find all the OTP settings here. Change the last option named Mode of Authentication through OTP from State Bank Secure OTP (Mobile App) to SMS.
- Proceed by clicking OK on the pop-up and then click on submit
- From then on, you will receive the OTP through SMS. But remember, if you again logged in into SB Secure OTP app then again above settings will be automatically changed, and you will not receive OTP through SMS.
Found it useful? Share this with your friends, so that they can save time handling this OTP problem. Also, you can share your experience on OTP not receiving problem. 🙂