- 1 How do I clear Quicken and start over?
- 2 Can I start over in Quicken?
- 3 How do I move my Quicken program to a new computer?
- 4 What is the reset button on Quicken?
- 5 What is the best alternative to Quicken?
- 6 How do I reset Quicken cloud data?
- 7 How do I delete old years in Quicken?
- 8 How do I start a new year in Quicken?
- 9 How do you delete a Quicken account?
- 10 Is there a free version of Quicken?
- 11 Can I access my Quicken account from another computer?
- 12 Why is my Quicken not working?
- 13 How do I fix a corrupted Quicken file?
- 14 Why is Quicken not updating transactions?
How do I clear Quicken and start over?
If you want to start fresh in Quicken, you have to options: delete the data file or rename the data file. Deleting the data file erases all your old data, while renaming the data file forces Quicken to create a new file.
Can I start over in Quicken?
So you can simply “Start fresh” and add in what you want. If you download transactions from various financial institutions, it may or may not import transactions that you had already downloaded into the older file.
How do I move my Quicken program to a new computer?
Quicken for Windows (Move a file frequently)
- Step 1: Install Quicken on your new computer. Install Quicken on the new computer.
- Step 2: Put a copy of your Quicken file on an external disk. On your old computer, open Quicken and select File > File Operations > Copy.
- Step 3: Open your Quicken file on the new computer.
Click the Reset Account button. Quicken will automatically deactivate and reactivate the account to fix any errors. Your data remains intact and you can access the account at any time.
What is the best alternative to Quicken?
Best Alternatives to Quicken in 2021
- PocketSmith – Budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Mint – Free budgeting and expense tracking.
- CountAbout – Budgeting and financial reports.
- Empower Finance – Budgeting, automatic savings, and bill reduction.
- Moneydance – Non-cloud solution.
- Everydollar – For followers of Dave Ramsey.
How do I reset Quicken cloud data?
Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. Click Reset your cloud data.
How do I delete old years in Quicken?
You can remove all your old transactions from all your accounts all at once by using the Year-End Copy tool. To use this, go to File->File Operations->Year-end Copy.
- Open the transaction from the Transaction page.
- Select the transaction.
- Select Delete, then choose Yes to confirm.
How do I start a new year in Quicken?
Choose Help from the main menu and click on Quicken Help. Search the list or type a question and click ASK. To get to Start New Year, choose:
- File Operations.
- Year -End Copy.
- Current Data File: Specify the date for which you want transactions returned.
How do you delete a Quicken account?
Delete an account
- Select the account you want to delete in the sidebar.
- In Quicken, choose Accounts > Delete Account
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion. One do over. From the Quicken menu, you can choose Edit > Undo Delete Account. (This is the only time you can recover this account.
Is there a free version of Quicken?
Personal Capital is the best free Quicken replacement. It comes with nearly every feature Quicken offers, and money additional tools. It’s particularly well suited for those who want to manage all of their money in one place, including investments. Is Quicken available without a subscription?
Can I access my Quicken account from another computer?
Can I use the same Quicken data file on more than one computer? A file can be moved from one computer to another computer, but it cannot be used simultaneously on both computers. Quicken needs to be installed on each computer. You can find instructions to move your data file to another computer by clicking here.
Why is my Quicken not working?
The anti-virus and/or firewall on your system could be blocking Quicken from running properly. They will need to be disabled or have the settings updated to include Quicken as a safe program. If you do not know how to update these settings, please contact your anti-virus/firewall provider.
How do I fix a corrupted Quicken file?
How to Repair a Quicken Database
- Click on the “File” button in Quicken.
- Hover over the “File Operations” option.
- Click “Validate” in the window that appears. Click “OK” at the prompt. E-Tech: Quicken Corrupt or Damaged File Repair/Recovery.
Why is Quicken not updating transactions?
Incorrect Quicken account settings Quicken will not update account automatically e.g. if you recently updated your bank password from the bank website then you also need to update it on the Quicken. Sometimes the bank itself change the password of users accounts due to some security issue.