- 1 How do I open program files?
- 2 How do I navigate to a file in CMD?
- 3 How do I run a program from Command Prompt?
- 4 What is the shortcut to find original files?
- 5 What is the shortcut key to open a file?
- 6 How do I find my path in cmd?
- 7 Where is Command Prompt file location?
- 8 How do I move files in Command Prompt?
- 9 How do I run a program as administrator in CMD?
- 10 How do I run Control Panel from Command Prompt?
- 11 How do I find shortcut icons?
- 12 How do I find the location of a file?
How do I open program files?
How to open Program Files folder
- Open File Explorer.
- Select This PC or Computer.
- Open the C: drive.
- Open the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder.
If the folder you want to open in Command Prompt is on your desktop or already open in File Explorer, you can quickly change to that directory. Type cd followed by a space, drag and drop the folder into the window, and then press Enter. The directory you switched to will be reflected in the command line.
How do I run a program from Command Prompt?
About This Article
- Type cmd.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type cd [filepath].
- Hit Enter.
- Type start [filename.exe].
- Hit Enter.
What is the shortcut to find original files?
To view the location of the original file that a shortcut points to, right-click the shortcut and select “Open file location.” Windows will open the folder and highlight the original file. You can see the folder path where the file is located in the top of the Windows Explorer window.
What is the shortcut key to open a file?
Press Alt+F to open the File menu.
How do I find my path in cmd?
Open a Command Prompt window (Win⊞ + R, type cmd, hit Enter). Enter the command echo %JAVA_HOME%. This should output the path to your Java installation folder. If it doesn’t, your JAVA_HOME variable was not set correctly.
Where is Command Prompt file location?
Open Command Prompt from File Explorer Open File Explorer, and then navigate to the C:WindowsSystem32 folder. Double-click the “cmd.exe” file or right-click the file and choose “Run as administrator.” You can also create a shortcut to this file and store the shortcut anywhere you like.
How do I move files in Command Prompt?
Highlight the files you want to move. Press the keyboard shortcut Command + C. Move to the location you want to move the files and press Option + Command + V to move the files.
How do I run a program as administrator in CMD?
Open the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges
- Click the Start icon and click in the Search box.
- Type cmd into the search box. You will see the cmd (Command Prompt) in the search window.
- Hover the mouse over the cmd program and right-click.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
How do I run Control Panel from Command Prompt?
Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter control panel in the empty box and click OK. Way 6: Open the app by Command Prompt. Step 1: Tap the Start button to open the Start Menu, input cmd in the search box and click Command Prompt to open it. Step 2: Type control panel in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
How do I find shortcut icons?
Right click on the desktop shortcut and click Properties, Shortcut tab and Target. That is where the shortcut points to. For a menu item, right click on the menu item, More, Open File location and that is another route to shortcut.
How do I find the location of a file?
To view the full path of an individual file:
- Click the Start button and then click Computer, click to open the location of the desired file, hold down the Shift key and right-click the file.
- On the menu, there are two options to choose from that will allow you to either copy or view the entire file path: