- 1 What is the role of the project board Steering Group?
- 2 What is a project board meeting?
- 3 What is a tranche in Programme management?
- 4 What is a Programme mandate?
- 5 What is the purpose of the Organization theme?
- 6 What are project roles and responsibilities?
- 7 Who is the project user?
- 8 What are the documents required for project management?
- 9 What is project sponsor role and responsibility?
- 10 What should be included in a Programme plan?
- 11 What is a Programme manager responsible for?
- 12 How do I create a work Programme?
- 13 How do you define a Programme?
- 14 Which is correct program or Programme?
- 15 What is Programme plan?
What is the role of the project board Steering Group?
The Steering Committee’s role is to provide advice, ensure delivery of the project outputs and the achievement of project outcomes. This may include such tasks as: Providing advice (and sometimes making decisions) about changes to the project as it develops.
What is a project board meeting?
Project Board meetings are important checkpoints with the Owner of the Project and should be used by the Project Manager to honestly report on progress, request assistance (e.g. escalated issue discussion) or make decisions.
What is a tranche in Programme management?
Tranches. Another useful concept from the MSP standard is tranches—these are a group of projects structured around distinct step changes in capability and benefit delivery.
What is a Programme mandate?
1 The purpose of the Programme Mandate is to enable the Sponsoring Group to decide whether to commit resources to further explore the potential for a programme in this area.
What is the purpose of the Organization theme?
The purpose of the Organization theme is to define and establish the project’s structure of accountability and responsibilities (the who?).
What are project roles and responsibilities?
Develops the Project Plan with the team and manages the team’s performance of project tasks. Secures acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Project Sponsor and Stakeholders. Responsible for communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team.
Who is the project user?
A project user is a person in your account who only has access to a specific project. Their permission settings will apply only to the project they have access to and unlike Super Users, their access will not carry over automatically to future projects. See more information on inviting users and granting permissions.
What are the documents required for project management?
9 Essential Project Documents
- Project Business Case. This document provides justification for the project.
- Project Charter.
- RACI Matrix.
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Risks and Issues Log.
- Project Communications Plan.
- Change Request Management.
- Project Schedule.
What is project sponsor role and responsibility?
Sponsors are business leaders who play a key role in promoting, advocating and shaping projectwork. They oversee the project and programme management functions and remains accountable for ensuring the realisation of the specified benefits over time.
What should be included in a Programme plan?
At programme level, a summary of the main contents would be:
- project timescales, costs, outputs and dependencies.
- all risks and assumptions.
- a schedule showing the programme’s tranches and project milestones.
- a transition plan through to business as usual.
- monitoring and control activities plus relevant performance targets.
What is a Programme manager responsible for?
The programme manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme. They will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it – often through an effective programme management office.
How do I create a work Programme?
The programme manager in establishing the programme will:
- Define clear objectives.
- Agree an approach.
- Agree roles and responsibilities with the team.
- Set-up communication channels.
- Agree priorities of the projects that make up the programme.
- Complete project planning.
How do you define a Programme?
A programme is defined as “ a group of related projects managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually ”. Programmes are usually long term, sometimes spanning years, and don’t have a fixed deadline.
Which is correct program or Programme?
Programme is a British English spelling variant of program; both refer to an outline in a prescribed order or an agenda, such as a program at a theater. Since the 20th century program has also referred to computer code, and in this case both the British and American spellings are the same.
What is Programme plan?
Program planning is the process by which a program is conceived and brought to fruition. Program planning involves multiple steps including the identification of a problem, selection of desired outcomes, assessment of available resources, implementation, and evaluation of the program.